After an OS security update (10.13.6), 1P extension does not appear.

Options
acd1950
acd1950
Community Member

A Mac OS security update has killed the 1P extension in Safari (it is still working in all other browsers). The extension simply does not appear in Safari Extensions (Safari version 12.1.1). Restarting does not fix it. This happened with the precious security update too, but was fixed by updating 1P. This time I am up to date already. Thanks for any ideas.

1Password Version: 7.3 (703000)
Extension Version: Not available
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension broken

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @acd1950! Welcome to the forum!

If you open Safari Preferences, can you please make sure that the 1Password extension is checked there?

• acd1950
    acd1950
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for suggestion ag_ana and and for highlighting the whole problem. The extension does not appear in the Extensions tab of Safari Preferences:

Hence the subject line from my post. Is there a way to install just the extension? Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@acd1950 - please restart your Mac and then check whether the 1Password extension is visible in Safari after restart.

• acd1950
    acd1950
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion Lars. As I mentioned in my original post, restarting does not fix the issue.

• Ben
    Options

@acd1950

Gotcha; thanks for confirming. Please try this:

1. Drag the 1Password application from the Applications folder in Finder to the Trash
    2. Restart the Mac
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Download a fresh copy of 1Password here: https://1password.com/downloads/mac/
    5. Quit Safari
    6. Install 1Password 7.3 for Mac
    7. Restart the Mac
    8. Launch Safari > Preferences > Extensions and check if 1Password is there

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.