Advanced URL matching?

I am a current user of BitWarden, and I'm interested in 1Password, but there is a big feature of BW that seems to be missing from 1P. I have seen many support threads asking about how to get URLs to match in different strange scenarios. In BW, I can add multiple URIs to each login item, and each URI can have a matching algorithm associated with it. The algorithms are:

• base domain
  • host
  • starts with
  • regular expression
  • exact
  • never

From what I can see, there are no such options in 1Password. Is this something that the team is looking into? I have attached a screenshot of what this interface looks like in BitWarden.

Here's the BitWarden documentation on this feature: https://help.bitwarden.com/article/uri-match-detection/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Advanced url matching

Comments

• Hey, @natemara

I see how that would be useful to have in 1Password, though I'm not sure how many of 1Pass users would actually use it.

I have to say, I'm not a 1Pass team member, but I've read in other threads that changing the URL matching behavior is not currently something the team is focused on (or will be).

It's not they don't see how it could be of value for some of us, but rather the confusion it may cause or just not being useful to the majority of 1Pass users.

I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear... Hopefully, this clarifies your doubts.

• ag_mcarlyleag_mcarlyle

Team Member

Hey @natemara 👋 Welcome to the forum. @arturoaubry's reply here (thank you for helping out the community :smile:) is pretty spot-on. This isn't something in the cards at the moment, but as the old adage goes, "never say never." Your feedback is appreciated, however; it's great to gauge interest of current or potential 1Password users, so thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file