With the recent update to 1Password for Mac, https://blog.1password.com/1password-7-3-for-our-life-in-miniature/, the update content made it sound like there were wonderful usability improvements to be had. My recent experience has been that the recent changes have slowed me down. I'm a bit of an evangelist for using 1Password at my place of work. I'd often advocate that I'm faster for using 1Password - it used to save me time. These recent changes have caused me to falter a little.
Scenario: multiple accounts with one service that has login with email and password split as two steps (e.g.: Google)
1. use keyboard shortcut to bring up 1Password mini in browser
2. list was already filtered to those matching the current tab's website 👍
3. use arrow keys to select account I wish to use, press enter, email is populated
4. press enter again to submit email, password is presented
5. use keyboard shortcut to bring up 1Password mini
6. previously used selection is still selected (🙌 awesome! 👏👏👏), press enter
7. press enter again to submit password
actions the same up to step 6
6. previous selection is not retained 🤨 um, I guess I'll try the handy, all-new, improved, speedy search
7. type in a few letters, list is filtered to any results from the entire vault, even those those that don't apply to the current website 🤦♂️
8. delete search terms and return to using arrow keys to find account
9. hold on a second… WTF?! How are these entries even sorted??? Certainly not alphabetically, and not by frequent/recent usage 🤦♂️
Am I doing this wrong?
How do other users organise multiple accounts with the same service?
How are other users streamlining their interactions given the recent changes?
1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 126.96.36.199 (Firefox)
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Business