establishing private and shared userID/password for same web site

friteslover
friteslover
Community Member

My wife and I share a userID and password for our Amazon (Prime) account. That resides in our shared vault. I also have a private Amazon account (so I can buy her surprise presents!). I can't figure out how to put that account's userID and password in my private vault. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:establishing private and shared userID/password for same web site

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @friteslover! First of all, though it's a bit outside our lane here in terms of what we're supposed to be assisting with, as a Prime member myself, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that you don't need to have a single, shared Amazon Prime account; you can share your benefits in a household. Not sure that'll help you at all, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

However, if you have an existing Login item in 1Password that you would like to move to your Private vault, these are the instructions for doing so.

If you don't already have a Login item saved anywhere in 1Password for your "secret" Amazon account, you can save it by either using a browser you don't normally use for Amazon and signing in using the "secret" account's credentials, and just allowing 1Password to offer to save them, as you would any other Login (just make sure you've selected your Private vault, not the Shared vault, before clicking Save). Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.