Script in Firefox extension causes Firefox to slow down

mcl
mcl
Community Member

I'm sometimes getting a message in Firefox that tells me a script in the 1Password extension is causing Firefox to slow down, e.g. when trying to log in on Twitter.com. I've attached a screenshot of the message below. 1Password also does not autofill on pages when this message is shown. As far as I know everything is up to date. Is there anything I can do about this problem?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mcl! I'm sorry for the trouble. What version of Firefox are you using? Current stable version is 67.0.2 -- if you're not using that, take a minute to update, then restart Firefox. You might also want to check how long it's been since you restarted your Mac. I know that's a tech support cliché, but that's because of how often it works. :)

If you're already recently-updated and restarted, then I'd suggest deleting the 1Password extension in Firefox and grabbing another one from our downloads page. Let's see if any of that helps -- let us know! :)

• mcl
    mcl
    Community Member

Hi @Lars, Firefox was up to date. A Mac restart has resolved the issue for now, but if it crops up again I'll try reinstalling the Firefox extension as you suggest. Thanks for your advice.

• Thanks for the update. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.