Users Have Different Data

Fury
Fury
Community Member

Good afternoon! I have a 1PW for Mac license and share the Mac with my wife so we each have a user account on the Mac itself. 1PW is installed and the vault is in the Shared folder and we have both been able to use 1PW through this method on the Mac just fine. I'm trying to get her to use 1PW on her iPhone and noticed she has at least one log-in she created that I can't see through my Mac account. I've double-checked through 1PW preferences that we are on the same (only) database. I've also tried logging her out so we both aren't logged in. No luck.

Any idea what is happening?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300020) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Local folder

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fury,

I'm trying to get her to use 1PW on her iPhone and noticed she has at least one log-in she created that I can't see through my Mac account.

Is she able to see this login item in 1Password on her user account on the same Mac?

• Fury
    Fury
    Community Member

Yes. And if I compare 1PW items in each account she has many more.

• Fury
    Fury
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

@ag_ana
    I've also gone through resetting 1PW data. I tried to restoring from a backup as well as opening the actual vault on the shared folder. Neither worked. The shared vault actually gave me way fewer items than I had originally. I'm a little freaked out that my data isn't consistent between users. Again, appreciate any guidance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fury,

If your wife is reading the same data file and is able to see all the data instead, then it is possible that your 1Password app is actually using a different vault file. Can you please send us a diagnostic report from each Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com?

This way we can compare the two and see if we can spot any differences. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, if data sharing is what you are after, have you considered a Families account? They were build exactly to allow password sharing between users, without having to take care of the sync configuration behind the scenes ;)

This discussion has been closed.