Using Windows Hello (fingerprint authentication) instead of master password everywhere

I am using 1Password with Windows 10 app (beta) and 1Password extension (not 1Password X) from Chrome webstore on Chromium based Microsoft Edge. I would like to have a feature in both this app and extension (or in any other 1Password app/extension for that matter) where for opening the same, need to ask for master password only once (the first time its installed). Any subsequent unlocking can be done using Windows Hello (here I am using fingerprint authentication). I don't want to type the long and complicated master password each time I restart my system. Although I turned off both auto lock options in Windows 10 app it doesn't help. It still asks for master password each time I restart my system. I know this is done for I security reason but there should always be a choice for those who chose to do so. So here is how the requested (optional) feature is expected to work: During the first install of Windows app it should ask for master password, after that, turning on that option should enable the user to just unlock by fingerprint without ever to type in the master password. For security reason the app might ask for the master password at most once a month or so but not anything less than that. I would really love to have this feature.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file