How do I connect to my password vault in my new 7 account? I use 4 and dropbox to store my opvault.

Options

How do I connect to my password vault in my new 7 account? I currently use 4 and dropbox to store my opvault. I upgraded to subscription 7. I installed 7 on my Chromebook and Android phone. It works. On my Windows 10 PC, I downloaded 7. It installed, I can run it and log in. I cannot connect to my vault. I see no option to do that. My vault is an opvault on Dropbox. How do I connect my Windows 7 version to it?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot connect to my Password vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gwier001: Thanks for reaching out! With a 1Password membership, you just sign into the account on each device. However, in order for that to get you your data, you have to have it stored in the account in the first place. OPVault/Dropbox/etc. is not involved with a 1Password membership at all. If you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, do you have all of your data there?

• gwier001
    gwier001
    Community Member
    Options

I"m on my Windows computer. 1Password for Windows is running, version 4.6.2.626. With that program I can access my data, which is in 1password.opvault, which is stored on Dropbox. I believe I am using an older type license for this.
    Now, I have purchased the family subscription to 1Password for Windows. I log on to 1Password.com. I cannot find a way to see the same data that I see with the previous version of 1Password (4.6, above). That is what I want to do, of course. How do I store my data in the new account?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gwier001.

It sounds like you created a 1Password account, but never migrated your data. Sorry for the confusion there.

I found an email that you sent us a couple of days ago, so let's continue our conversation there. There I will be able to provide with specific instructions. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: AEA-54298-416

This discussion has been closed.