does 1password change your passwords? or does it just remember my existing passwords for me?

Options

if i go to sign into amazon, for instance, from a browser/computer without 1password installed, can i still log in with my (old) amazon password, or does 1password actually change all my passwords? thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:does 1password change your passwords? or does it just remember my existing passwords for me?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kman8! Welcome to the forum!

does 1password change your passwords? or does it just remember my existing passwords for me?

1Password can do both things :)

if i go to sign into amazon, for instance, from a browser/computer without 1password installed, can i still log in with my (old) amazon password, or does 1password actually change all my passwords?

If you login to your Amazon account from a browser without 1Password installed, 1Password cannot do anything there, so you will have to login with the correct Amazon password.

If you install the 1Password browser extension in that browser, it can both fill your login details on the page, and also help you change your password.

• kman8
    kman8
    Community Member
    Options

Just making sure it doesn't automatically change passwords, I would have to select that as an option as I go, correct? Thanks so much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's correct @kman8: 1Password will not change your passwords unless you tell it to :)

Once you have stored your password inside the 1Password app, you can continue to login with the same password until you decide to change it, but it will not change automatically with every login.

• kman8
    kman8
    Community Member
    Options

thank you!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kman8, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.