Can't remove deleted account from mac.

Options
kerimfiga
kerimfiga
Community Member

I have an old account. I downloaded the mac app and used it for a while. Then I deleted the account from browser. Now, I created another account but can't use that account on the mac app because it is locked with the old accounts information. It asks my old deleted accounts' master key, which obviously I don't have. What's more I can't remove the old account from Preferences->Accounts because the app is locked! I tried deleting the any credentials related to com.agilebits from KeyChain. I tried deleting the mac app and reinstalling it. It always automatically remembers my old deleted accounts' credentials and asks for its MasterKey. Please help

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kerimfiga! Welcome to the forum!

After deleting your 1Password account, if that was the only one added to your 1Password app, you will have to start over by resetting the app too. After doing so, you will be prompted to add your new account to the app the next time you launch it :)

• kerimfiga
    kerimfiga
    Community Member
    Options

Wow thanks a lot ag_ana that solves it! I don't know if there were instructions to this after deleting the account, but if there isn't there should be :) anyway thanks again

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @kerimfiga! I am happy that I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.