To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Want to resolve membership account that is frozen and transfer vault data

brv2
brv2
Community Member

I began as a stand alone license user and have been attempting to learn how to use 1Password, I see the advantages of membership especially since I would like my wife to have access to 1Password also.

Over a long period of time I have accumulated a folder full of charges for a service that I don't know how to use and eventually got locked out of. However 1Password has been receiving payments from my iTunes account, so I must have done something wrong and need some help to correct the error.

Ultimately I want to become a satisfied, competent user of a 1Password membership account.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Switch to membership and save vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brv2 - oh, no! I'm sorry to hear you've continued to get charged monthly for something you've been unable to use; I wish you'd have gotten in touch with us sooner. We have no control whatsoever over the Mac App Store's subscriptions (and no power to refund from there), since all of that is handled by Apple. You're welcome to get in touch with them, but they tend not to do refunds in situations like this (in my experience).

What you can do immediately is use this link to manage your Apple subscriptions and cancel 1Password, if you can no longer remember your Master Password. Unfortunately, any data you have in that account will be inaccessible, not because you've stopped paying (we never lock users out of their data in that way; you just can't update or add to existing data, or use the browser extensions), but because without the Master Password you cannot decrypt your data.

Can you clarify the situation for us? Have you forgotten your Master Password? If not, what did you mean by "...eventually got locked out of?"

• brv2
    brv2
    Community Member

I remember my Master Password and have full access to my account, and have decided to move over to use the membership account. Can you pick up where Duncan left off, we were working to resolve this and he dropped off the conversation and I am not sure why.
    Below are a few lines of our dialogue:
    Membership vs License
    With a 1Password membership you always get the latest versions of 1Password and all of the features on offer. A license doesn't include any future version of 1Password.

With a membership, we sync and backup your data securely so it's available on all of your devices just by logging into your account. With a license you don't have an account at all - your data is stored locally on your device. If you want to sync, you can configure this manually using iCloud or a Dropbox account.

Membership accounts also allow us to offer features that depend on our tailor-made sync service, such as Travel Mode and the wonderful 1Password X extension that you added to Chrome (which doesn't require any desktop apps).

A standalone license is a one-time cost, but with the prospect of paying for future upgrades. The membership is a subscription and includes all future upgrades automatically.

You can learn about the benefits of a membership on our website: https://support.1password.com/explore/membership

At the moment, you have a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, as well as a frozen membership account linked to 1Password X in Chrome.

Please let me know which option you'd prefer. If you opt for the membership. I can refund your license. If you want to continue with the license, I can help you get there too.

Eventually, I decided to go with the membership but I have not heard back from Duncan since June 10th.

Can you help?

• @brv2

It sounds as though we may be having this same conversation in multiple spots. Could you please let me know what support IDs you've received through email? They'll be in the subject line of the message, and look like this:

[#ABC-12345-987]

Thanks.

Ben

• brv2
    brv2
    Community Member

Yes,

[#DNF-83318-865]

Hi Ben, I hope you will remain with me to the end of this.

Many thanks,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brv2 - we do our best to provide continuity as well as speed of response, however, that's something you can have a substantial impact upon as well. The best way to reduce confusion, duplicated or parallel efforts and slower response times for everyone including yourself is by choosing one communication channel (here, or email) and sticking with it, instead of posting the same issue across multiple points of contact. Since it sounds as if you're already being assisted via email, let's continue the conversation there instead of on two parallel tracks. Thanks! :)

• Hey @brv2, Duncan here. 👋 I've replied to you via email a couple of times and I'm concerned that you're not receiving my replies.

Any chance you could check your spam folder? I'll send another reply now and we'll see how that goes.

• brv2
    brv2
    Community Member

Hi Duncan,
    So glad to hear from you. Yes I found your email in my spam folder, sorry for that. I will reply to your suggestions directly.

Again, so good to hear from you and I am glad to be working with you again.

Many thanks,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.