1password crashes on unlock

Options
mstapp
mstapp
Community Member

Hi, since the last update (now running v.7.3 (70300020)) 1password crashes the first time I unlock it after I wake up my Mac from sleep. It happens whether I use the browser extension (both chrome & ffox) or launch the 1password app itself. I've submitted the crash report once or twice.

Just checking if there's a workaround, or any progress on a fix?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3 (70300020)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• williammck
    williammck
    Community Member
    Options

I've had the same issue and sent in at least a couple dozen crash reports. (this happens to me a few times daily!)

I've tried uninstalling the app and all configuration and reinstalling, but it only seemed to help for a day or two.

Any help from y'all would be much appreciated! This is starting to get on my nerves :(

(same versions on everything as the author, actually downgraded from beta to see if it would help... it did not.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mstapp! Welcome to the forum!

Did you send the crash report to support@agilebits.com from the same email address you registered with here on the forum?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @williammck!

I've had the same issue and sent in at least a couple dozen crash reports.

Can you please confirm to what email address you have sent these crash reports to? Was it support@agilebits.com?

• mstapp
    mstapp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, I submitted the report via the 1password crash reporter that appeared after the app crashed. I did enter my email (same as my registration on this forum). Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mstapp Thank you for the confirmation. Unfortunately I couldn't locate your crash report in our system. I suspect it might have not been sent :/

• mstapp
    mstapp
    Community Member
    Options

No problem @ag_ana -- I just reproduced it again, send another crash report via the 1password crash reporter, and also emailed a copy of the report to support@agilebits.com. (All use my same email as this registration.)

Thanks & let me know if you need more info.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @mstapp. I see the most recent email now and am going to ask our development team to take a look.

Ben

ref: WMJ-43963-236

• williammck
    williammck
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I sent it through the crash reporter built into 1P. Same email as this forum account.

I’ll try to have it crash again tonight once I’m home and send it to support.

Also, I haven’t had it happen on my work machine which is on Mojave - just my personal machine which is still on High Sierra... wonder if there’s some connection there?

Thanks y’all!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williammck

I’ll try to have it crash again tonight once I’m home and send it to support.

Great, thank you so much! You can send it directly to support@agilebits.com.

just my personal machine which is still on High Sierra... wonder if there’s some connection there?

It is possible, if the only difference between the two devices is the operating system version. Or maybe there is something that is interfering on with 1Password on your High Sierra computer, that's also a possibility. The 1Password version you are running on both devices is exactly the same, right?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019
    Options

If it is the same crash that mstapp was experiencing it is indeed a bug in macOS High Sierra (10.13). We would recommend upgrading to macOS 10.14. If not possible, we do have code in the most recent beta we're hoping will work around the issue with High Sierra:

https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/mac7/1Password-7.3.1.BETA-3.pkg

If you cannot upgrade for some reason please give that a try and let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• williammck
    williammck
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Awesome, thanks for mentioning the beta. I’ll resume using the beta releases and see if that helps. Otherwise will email support.
    Upgrading to 10.14 is in my plans, just have been too busy to do it and take the time to recover if something goes awry.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williammck - on behalf of Ben, you're most welcome. Glad he was able to explain. :)

• scottsb
    scottsb
    Community Member
    Options

Facing the same issue. Will installing the beta switch my computer off the stable release track for future updates?

• Ben
    Options

@scottsb

The strongly recommended solution here is to upgrade to macOS 10.14. Installing the beta will put you on the beta track. You can get back on the stable track by installing a stable build and then unchecking 1Password > Preferences > Updates > Include beta builds (this option cannot be deselected with a beta build installed).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.