1password 7.3 - not remembering the last entry used

Options
gbataille
gbataille
Community Member

Hi,

since 7.3 (I think, basically since the UI changed), 1password does not "remember" which entry I used last.
To be more precise, I have several entries for the same website W, because I have several accounts on it (several pro, several perso).
What used to happen is that

• when invoking 1password from the webform, I would be proposed all the password entries, and the cursor would be on the last used (practical)
  • But more important, on the webform next page, where they ask for the OTP, if I invoked 1password, I would still be on the same entry as seconds before. Allowing me to do Cmd+\ followed by Enter directly without thinking about it.

Now the entries are always sorted the same way (alphabetically) and the cursor is always on top on each 1password invocation :(
While the fact that on first invocation it does not preselect the last entry is acceptable (for me), the fact that for the OTP, I need to again scroll down, find the right entry, and then tap enter is quite a burden.

Cheers
Greg

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

since 7.3 (I think, basically since the UI changed), 1password does not "remember" which entry I used last.

@gbataille: Sorry about that. It's something we're working on.

Now the entries are always sorted the same way (alphabetically) and the cursor is always on top on each 1password invocation :(

I'm not seeing this though. Rather, 1Password is showing exact matches (subdomain.domain.tld) and Favorites first. Can you give me an example?

• gbataille
    gbataille
    Community Member
    Options

no you are right. the favorites are on top.
    But the problem is that for AWS (which I manage several accounts of - ~20), the subdomain.domain.tld is the same and 3 of those accounts are in my favorites :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gbataille: I hear you. I'm in the same boat. I'm just not sure what the solution is -- at least one that isn't worse for everyone else not having tons of Logins for the same domain. If some of these are used in different contexts -- i.e. work, personal, etc. -- it might be useful to put them in different vaults, and use a specific one at an appropriate time. That's helped me a lot.

• gbataille
    gbataille
    Community Member
    Options

But do you mean that the previous way of working - i.e. if 1password thought there was multiple matching login, it would pre-select the latest used - was creating problems for users?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gbataille: My last comment was in response to yours immediately preceding it, not in regard to what you were talking about originally.

As I mentioned in my first reply above,

@gbataille: Sorry about that. It's something we're working on.

1Password mini is brand new in version 7.3, so it doesn't behave exactly the same way as the previous one. This is something we're working to improve though. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

ref: apple-3732

• gbataille
    gbataille
    Community Member
    Options

ok cool, no worries, thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome @gbataille!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.