iOS displaying old userid & password

berksgr
berksgr
Community Member

My iPad seems to be displaying old userid & password combos from 1Password that no longer exist in 1Password.

Due to one reason or another i needed to changed the actual userid i use to access an account.

Now when I attempt to login to that website and use iOS autofill with only 1Password set as a source of passwords I get the old and new userid.

Any idea how to get rid of the old one ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Display old versions of accounts

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@berksgr: Do you maybe have some old stuff saved in iCloud Keychain and have that enabled in iOS Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Autofill?

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member

0 passwords saved and only allow from 1Password

Also searched the keychain on a Mac and can’t find it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@berksgr: Hmm. Can you find them in 1Password then?

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member

Nope, not even in the trash

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@berksgr: I'm happy to just keep asking questions, but if you can provide any additional details that might help narrow it down too. :) What vault is the item in? And what do you have selected in 1Password Settings > Vaults > All Vaults?

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Two of these entries should not be there. There are two valid ones that do exist in 1Password that are being displayed correctly.
    Note that the userid is different as well not just a changed password.

And I would think this is likely not a 1Password issue - but you never know.

The userid & password as I mentioned are nowhere in 1Password. Not in trash, any vault etc. Yes All Vaults is selected.

I can only assume iOS is caching them for quick reference ?? Or somehow when 1Password is asked for the info it's giving out the old items as well, though the latter would be odd as I cannot see them anywhere in the interface.

Is there a debug command line tool for the 1Password DB ?

• @berksgr

I can only assume iOS is caching them for quick reference

This shouldn't be necessary... but if you open 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill and wait a moment or two that will force the autofill cache to refresh. After doing that do you still see the unexpected entries?

Is there a debug command line tool for the 1Password DB ?

On iOS? No. :) We do have a command line tool for desktop platforms, but that wouldn't help here: 1Password command-line tool: Getting started

Ben

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member

Odd, I turned off AutoFill Passwords entirely. Put it back on and chose 1Password and now when I attempt to login I only get a 1Password Dialog for multiple passwords with the correct options.

So that seems to have fixed it. Not sure about the different dialogs.

• Glad to hear that sorted the caching issue. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by different dialogs.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@berksgr: It's weird that iOS would have been caching some stale data, but glad that got it cleared up. :) I mainly wanted to chime in here on account of your "different dialogs" comment. Not sure if this is what you meant, but I still cannot figure out why iOS Password Autofill seems to have at least 3 different UIs: a single blue loving filing prompt, a single grey one with a key to view more, and a longer grey list of logins. If that's what you meant as well, I regrettably don't have any good info for you on that. But a least you know you're not alone being baffled by this. :lol:

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member

@Ben @brenty for reference I now get this dialog.

• Thanks @berksgr. Indeed as brenty mentioned there are a few different UIs that Password AutoFill seems to use, and we haven't been able to determine how it chooses which to display.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I commented about this in another thread, with I think what is a pretty good guess about some of the UI differences.

This discussion has been closed.