3 Changes for your online password generator

Options
lebowski
lebowski
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to suggest 3 changes for your online password generator:

https://1password.com/password-generator/

Could you please add an option to avoid confusingly signs like: i, I, o, O, l, L, 0, 1
It is really a pain to fill in these passwords in external devices without having a font (like courier) which allows you to distinguish between these signs.

Could you please add a possibility to paste the chosen option (length, numbers, symbols, no confusingly signs) in a get URL to open the password generator always with the personal settings? Right now it is reset, every time you reload the site manually

The site takes too long to load completely. It seems the generated Password, as well as the options (length, numbers, symbols) are loaded later than the rest of the site. Is there a special reason for this? The site needs 2,35 seconds to load completely which is a bit too long.

I would appreciate very much, if you could send me a feedback regarding these suggestions.

Thanks a lot
Dude

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lebowski,

Thank you for getting in touch!

The link to our password generator that you shared is not meant to be used full-time. If you want to use 1Password to generate strong passwords for your websites, the better way will be signing up for 1Password account and using 1Password apps on your devices.

While it is not possible to exclude certain characters in our password generator at the moment, we do have a special font and colour-coding there:

Moreover, it should be much faster and you will be able to save and fill your credentials using 1Password extension. If there is a specific reason why you use the password generator webpage, please share it with us. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• lebowski
    lebowski
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I do not want to signup, I only want to use your online passwort generator, and it should be very easy to make the user happy with some small changes like these :)

br
    Dude

• It's totally awesome that you're using a password generator regardless, @lebowski. This generator actually does use some features used by the 1Password apps as well, so we don't have total flexibility when it comes to making tweaks to it, but I will absolutely pass your feedback along to our web team for consideration. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.