Mojave 1Password extension on Chrome has not worked in a couple of weeks

Options
J71351_ANDERSON
J71351_ANDERSON
Community Member

The extension for chrome has not been working for a couple of weeks. I have reloaded the extension. I keep the main Password app open. Nothing seems to work.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.9
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Mojave 1Password extension on Chrome has not worked in a couple of weeks.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J71351_ANDERSON - you listed your version of 1Password for Mac as 6.5.3 -- is that correct? If so, that's a VERY old version of 1Password for Mac (released 12/21/2016). The final version of 1Password 6 for Mac was 6.8.9, and even that was released 5/18/2018. We actually retired version 6 entirely when we introduced 1Password 7 for Mac over a year ago in May of 2018.

6.5.3 had a bug that was a result of a provisioning profile mismatch with a certificate from Apple, so manually replacing it with the follow-up release (6.5.5 at the time) was required. This late in the game, I'd recommend you Quit 1Password 6.5.3 and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then visit our downloads page, scroll down to the "Using and older computer?" section, and grab the installer for version 6.8.9. Delete your existing 6.5.3 (don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the your Mac's Trash), then run the 6.8.9 installer. See if that works for you. If it does not, try uninstalling the 1Password extension in Chrome, restarting Chrome and downloading a fresh copy of the extension from the Chrome Web Store. Let us know how you get on! :)

• J71351_ANDERSON
    J71351_ANDERSON
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Should I go ahead and upgrade to 7 or to X?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J71351_ANDERSON - I'm not sure what you mean by "X" -- if you meant 1Password X, that's a browser extension that works directly with 1password.com accounts, so it won't be of use to you if you don't have a 1password.com membership.

If you are interested in 1Password 7 for Mac, that's certainly our recommendation. Keeping your most-critical software up to date not only ensures the greatest compatibility, it also makes you more secure, as older versions may not have the latest security updates either. I should mention that, as a completely new full-version upgrade, 1Password 7 for Mac is not a free update. The best way to use 1Password 7 is with a 1password.com membership. This not only gives you access to all four of our native 1Password apps (so you're never without 1Password, even if you switch platforms), but it includes all future upgrades and new versions, for as long as you maintain the membership. No license purchase, no license keys to add/manage: just download the newest version as soon as it's available, and continue on your way. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• J71351_ANDERSON
    J71351_ANDERSON
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to 1Password for Mac with the membership. When I loaded the app on my iPhone all the Logins were duplicated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J71351_ANDERSON - don't panic, you're almost there. :) Can I ask: on your iPhone, when you tap Settings > Vaults in 1Password for iOS, do you see a vault called Primary and another one called Personal (or Private)? If so, please follow these instructions to remove the Primary vault. It's no longer needed. Once you do that, you should have only your 1password.com account vault and its data on both devices. Let me know how that goes for you. :)

• J71351_ANDERSON
    J71351_ANDERSON
    Community Member
    Options

how do i sync my iphone iOS with 1Password7?

• J71351_ANDERSON
    J71351_ANDERSON
    Community Member
    Options

Also, my 1Password setup on my iphone shows I am in a TRIAL subscription with itunes and it will be $3.99 per month after 30 days. that is not what i signed up for when i upgraded to 7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J71351_ANDERSON:

how do i sync my iphone iOS with 1Password7?

If you are using a Membership, all you need to do is add your 1Password account to every 1Password app.

Also, my 1Password setup on my iphone shows I am in a TRIAL subscription with itunes and it will be $3.99 per month after 30 days. that is not what i signed up for when i upgraded to 7.

In a previous message you wrote "I upgraded to 1Password for Mac with the membership", so what you are describing seems to be correct behavior. Can you please clarify what you mean by "that is not what i signed up for when i upgraded to 7" then?

• J71351_ANDERSON
    J71351_ANDERSON
    Community Member
    Options

it shows on the 1Password website that all my devices could use my membership for $2.99 per month. It looks like I will be charged $2.99 per month and $3.99 (iTunes) after 30 days.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J71351_ANDERSON

it shows on the 1Password website that all my devices could use my membership for $2.99 per month.

This is correct, if you decide to subscribe directly on 1Password.com.

It looks like I will be charged $2.99 per month and $3.99 (iTunes) after 30 days.

Is it possible that you might have activated a second subscription via iTunes? If you are already subscribed through us, you do not need an additional subscription in the App Store.

If you want to subscribe through us, you can cancel the trial subscription that you have on iTunes ;)

This discussion has been closed.