Sync between desktop and phone not working over dropbox

Options
leetncamp
leetncamp
Community Member

I've purchased 1Password for Mac, iPhone and iPad. I have 2 macs. The 2 macs seem to sync between them and the iPhone and iPad sync between them, but iOS and MacOS do not seem to sync. I tried purchasing "Pro" features on the iPhone and that didn't help. The suggestion is to buy a membership online but that costs additional money that I'm not willing to spend, especially since I paid for the apps.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300020) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Sync between desktop and phone not working over dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @leetncamp! If you're having trouble syncing between your Macs and your iOS devices via Dropbox, I'd recommend these troubleshooting steps. Follow them all, but pay particular attention to the Check Dropbox Settings and Make sure 1Password is properly configured to sync with Dropbox sections. Let us know how you get on. :)

I can also certainly understand not wanting to pay for something you already purchased, but for what it's worth, what you're experiencing is exactly one of the main reasons we recommend a 1password.com membership. With a membership/subscription, there's no need to set up/maintain/troubleshoot advanced, 3rd party sync solutions: you just create your account online at https://my.1password.com then use the credentials to sign into your new account on every device you want to use 1Password on, and all your data is immediately available, synced everywhere. If you're looking for a more feature-robust, complication-free way to use 1Password, a 1password.com membership will definitely be the best way forward.

This discussion has been closed.