No prompt to save passwords

Hi,

I'm using a Mac Desktop and Google Chrome. I downloaded the 1password app for mac, installed and signed in. I downloaded the 1password chrome extension and have it installed.

I have the app open, but when I sign into any websites, there is no prompt to save the password. I've watched the tutorial YouTube videos and it looks like the last step for me is just to have the prompt pop up, but I do not see that trigger.

1Password Version: 7.3
1Password Extension Version: 4.7.4.90

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pop up

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RanierO: Can you tell me the URL where you're having trouble, and the browser version you're using? We'll see if there's something we can improve. Just make sure that you have autosave enabled (1Password Preferences > Browsers), and that you don't have an exclusion for the domain set there. Thanks in advance! :)

• RanierO
    RanierO
    Community Member

@brenty
    All URLs. Unfortunately, it doesn't prompt on any website. I've tried to have the prompt come up for gmail.com the most with no success.

On the app, I do not see "Preferences" and tried to searh the forums but it seems others found it but without telling exactly where or a screenshot. In my menu, I only see All items, Favorites, WatchTower, Categories, Tags, and Trash. I saw a YouTube video, but my version doesn't have the "Preferences" with the gear icon at the top.

Is autosave not a default option?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RanierO,

On the app, I do not see "Preferences" and tried to searh the forums but it seems others found it but without telling exactly where or a screenshot.

While you have the 1Password app open, please click on 1Password 7 up in the menu bar, next to the Apple logo, and then click on Preferences.... Once there, please click on the Browsers tab and you will see your AutoSave settings.

• RanierO
    RanierO
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks for letting find it! So I checked and everything is on: Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running, Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them (no excluded domains), open logins in a new tab, and automatically copy one-time passwords.

I suppose we still need to find out how to trigger the saving option. Does an ad blocker affect the pop up for 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It really depends on what it's doing. Autosave is triggered when 1Password detects a login form submission, so some other app/extension is modifying the webpage or otherwise interfering with 1Password's ability to read it it's possible that it could prevent it from seeing the form submission. Have you tried using 1Password in a clean browser/profile? It's generally a good idea to not load up on other extensions since they can interfere with 1Password, but even more importantly because many require extremely invasive permissions, i.e. anything you grant access to everything you do on webpages (which is not uncommon for extensions) will be able to see everything you save and fill using 1Password there too -- really the opposite of privacy and security.

This discussion has been closed.