numeric only passwords

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

I am trying to clean up my watchtower and one of the sites requires numeric passwords only. However, when I try to generate a new password from within mini, even tho I deselect characters and have only numeric checked, I still get alphabetic characters. Anyway to get numeric only, or do I have to edit the generated password?

I have a 1p account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

I had to go to the main program to make the change, since I was able to specify the number of numbers in addition to the length.

Can that option be also added to 1p Mini?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51 - you didn't specify what version of 1Password you're currently running, but if it's the current version (7.3), then it already has been.

To create a numeric-only password, open the mini by either the keyboard combination ⌥⌘\ (opt + cmd + backslash) or clicking the icon in your Mac's menubar or browser toolbar, then click + New Password to bring up the password generator. Click the "More Options" drop-down at the bottom, then set the "Type" drop-down to "PIN code." The default is four characters (like a bank PIN), but you can select the number of digits. Hope that helps! :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Great. Saw the pin code but did not know what was for. Maybe have a clearer label?

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51 - :) :+1:

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member

Hello.

I have the same issue with the current versions

Chrome Application Version: 1.18.0
    iOS App Version: 7.4.5

I needed to generate a numeric only password, and couldnt find this pin option, only alphanumeric or words;

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rafacteixeira:

1Password X also has the PIN Code option in the password generator:

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Ana.

On the Chrome Extension I managed to find the option, but only in the "Password generator" Option.
    When I try to create a new item in my vault, on the form there's no option to generate a numeric opnly password.

And in the app, there's no option for me to access a password generator, and when i try to create a new entry through the app is the same as the web form, only characters or words.

see prints attached!

Web and Chrome Extension

iOS App

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member

@ag_ana forgot to mention you so to make sure you're being notified, I'm posting again with the mention. Sorry if I'm being repetitive.

• Thanks for taking the time to report these discrepancies @rafacteixeira. One of our efforts currently is to make functions like the password generator consistent across all of the 1Password apps, so hopefully we'll see improvement in this area in the future. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.