Browser button does NOTHING

Options
terryzx
terryzx
Community Member

I had to reinstall from my other Mac and now the Browser extension button does NOTHING and the one in the menu bar takes me to Safari extensions where the 1Password extension is clearly seen. Reinstalled several times and will not and do NOTHING AT ALL. What is up with this????

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:extension button wont do anything

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terryzx: You didn't list an extension version, so I'm wondering if you even have it installed. Can you tell me the browser and extension versions you're using?

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

It's the one that auto installs with the package. It is in safari extensions an clicking the button in the top menu takes you to it directly but clicking the button in the browser bar does nothing. I did a fresh OS install an migrated my old drive where 1Password was working fine already.. But now it says to turn on the extension which is already checked. Uncheck an then recheck it an it does nothing and the top button keeps going to the safari extensions telling me to turn it on an it's already on.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terryzx: Where is the 1Password app currently installed? Can you please make sure that it is inside the main Applications folder on your Mac?

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

Of course it is. It's the 1st app. Remember I sad this was a migration with a new OS that was and still is working perfectly. Now it will input a password on a previous site with the hovering pop up but the browser button does nothing at all while the menu bar button does not bring up the app only a link that opens safari extensions....I'm going to bed now thanks for the help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

@terryzx:

Of course it is.

There could be two Applications folders in macOS. One is the main one, and one is under your local user's folder. So while it might have been obvious, it's definitely worth checking, since having the app int he wrong Applications folder could cause something like what you are seeing ;)

At this point, please send us a diagnostic report from your Mac so we can take a closer look at what happened during your migration.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

ref: GEV-44644-459

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

I do NOT have 2 application folders.

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I do NOT have 2 application folders. It is in my HOME USER FOLDER and has been working perfectly for YEARS until now. I t did not work after the new reinstall so after several restarts I then downloaded the current version and REINSTALLED it where it tells me I do have the current version. AGAIN...this was from]m a new OS install and then a MIGRATION of the old MacBook Pro that was and is still working fine. I wont repeat again when clicking either of the browser buttons do. See my other post. And it works fine with Firefox & Chrome...just nothing in safari. Clicking the browser button does NOTHING AT ALL. I will send you the diagnostic report now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terryzx:

Thank you for sending the diagnostic report! We have received it and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Have a wonderful day :)

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

So just WHAT is going on? It still will NOT work and I've heave NOTHING from 1PASSWORD

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

My problem is STILL ACTIVE and STILL with NO solution....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terryzx - I'm sorry for the delay in our response. Thanks for sending in the diagnostics report, but it looks like you used a VERY old version of the Troubleshooting Tool to create it:

Lovingly Handcrafted by AgileTools 1.1.22. Built on April 17, 2017

I'm guessing you must have had that version around from a previous contact with support over two years ago -- which is fine, except that old a version of the tool barely even knows about version 6 of 1Password for Mac, let alone version 7. Can you please follow these instructions to download the current Troubleshooting Tool and generate a fresh diagnostics report? Please make sure to add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#GEV-44644-459]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look personally as soon as I receive it, and let you know what I find out. Thanks.

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

Sending NOW [#GEV-44644-459]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you shortly.

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

OK.....I'll be waiting....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

So just what is going on. This wait is a really LONG time now

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your patience @terryzx! I see you have emailed us several times so we will get back to you as soon as possible.

• terryzx
    terryzx
    Community Member
    Options

As per your recent reply...tried the beta an did nothing different - still dead

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@terryzx: to avoid duplicating support effort, let's keep the discussion via email so we keep all discussion in one place. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.