Dropbox Free Version & 1Password 4

Options

The free version of Dropbox recently limited users to 3 devices. Is there another way to sync 1Password across my 7 devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @sturpe.

I imagine it should be such a bummer the new Dropbox restriction. I'm not a 1Pass team member, but you can check out all of 1Password's syncing methods (from Dropbox to iCloud, WLAN and 1password.com account).

My personal advice is to try out the 1Password membership, which has the benefit that you can access all your passwords and other items from any of your devices, whether you’re online or offline. Apps for Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android are all included.

If you want to upgrade from 1Password 4 to the 1password.com membership (which would be version 7), you can do it in Windows or Mac. And of course, any additional doubts you may have you can follow up here with any of 1Pass team members!

Have a great weekend!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sturpe!

We have no plans to support additional sync methods at the moment. We built 1Password.com exactly to avoid having to rely on a third-party service to sync your data. Our own sync service does not have any limitations whatsoever, and is therefore the best method available to sync your data. 1Password.com does not limit us and our 1Password Membership customers when it comes to how many devices they are using and is therefore already our recommended option.

I hope you understand that we are not able to control changes third party providers decide to implement, and therefore prefer (and owe it to our customers) to controls things directly to offer the best possible service without relying on anyone else.

Not to mention, sync is not the only benefit of a 1Password Membership: everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family, team or business should you want to upgrade from an individuals membership later on, and more.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• sturpe
    sturpe
    Community Member
    Options

OK so I am trying to bite the bullet so to speak. I have an A3 secret key that I got by mistake some time ago but never used. At that time I saved the sign in address, secret key and email used. When I try to start the 30 day free trial I get this message. "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect. I don't see any instructions on how to determine which of the four are wrong and/or how to obtain the correct one.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sturpe

It looks like you've got multiple threads going on the same subject. To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to close this one. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.