deeprave
deeprave
Community Member

Environment:
1Password 7
Version 7.3 (70300020)
1Password Store
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

Lately, I'm finding both 1Password and 1Password Mini very unstable.

I'm a long time user of 1Password dating back years now. I have a Family account with shared/personal vaults, Dropbox and Icloud vaults, though for only entries I've not migrated yet. The first time I've had a crash I have submitted the usual dialog window that comes up on restarting the app.

1Password mini crashes after unlocking, or if I unlocked via the app, immediately when I click it. Sometimes (less often) it comes up but crashes when I search. Sometimes the main app crashes during Search as well.

I've never seen 1password this unstable and it's reached a point where I am sufficiently annoyed to lodge this complaint. I haven't seen an update in a while, nor has there been any email with a support ticket as I'm sure has been the usual response in the past.

If it was happening on the 1 system I run it on, no problem obviously a local issue. But it happens in exactly the same manner on both my late 2015 iMac and mid-2014 MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deeprave,

The latest beta versions fixed some crash situations, do you see any improvement if you switch to the beta releases?

• lucky_leone
    lucky_leone
    Community Member
    Options

I concur. I am also having frequent crashes upon login or internal search.

MacBook Pro 10.14.5 & 1Password 7.3.1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lucky_leone - that's certainly not normal. I'd recommend re-installing 1Password 7 for Mac by first Quitting 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then dragging the 1Password application to the trash. Visit our downloads page to grab a new copy of the 1Password 7 for Mac (7.3.1) installer, and run that. Let us know how that works for you.

• deeprave
    deeprave
    Community Member
    Options

As I mentioned in the OP it was happening on 3 separate macs, so very doubtful that a re-installation would work (although yes, I did try that as well).

The good news is that since last update it has been back to being stable as a rock, so all good, frustration gone.

• Ben
    Options

I'm glad to hear that the latest update seems to have resolved the issue for you. Thanks for the update @deeprave. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.