Merging records

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

I am cleaning up my 1p stuff (watchtower, Records, etc.). As part of this effort, I am merging my membership and Login records where I have one of each. For ex., my health insurance membership record with my health insurance login record.

In doing a search of this forum, I noticed where requests have been made for a merge feature. Has any progress been made on this?

So far the only workaround appears to be pinning 1p mini to the screen and working from there to re-enter the data. Still true?

I’ have a 1p account.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51!

So far the only workaround appears to be pinning 1p mini to the screen and working from there to re-enter the data. Still true?

I believe this is still the case, yes. Merging items between different categories is not possible at the moment, but you might be able to do what you are looking for by using the CLI, if you know how to program.

However, I wanted mention something: the reason for having different categories is because certain types of items require different data, so in certain cases it can make sense to have two items. In your specific example: your health insurance login only has username and password, but your health insurance record has much more data. Are you trying to merge everything for personal preference?

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

Yes, I see no personal reason to have two records for the same item. So where I have a login record and a membership or reward record, then I'll merge them to have just one record. Sometimes I had the user id and password in both locations, so watchtower would pick that up as well. Easier for me to look in one place than two.

As my wife would say, it's just a "Bob" thing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rlgleason51: Understood, that makes sense :)

This discussion has been closed.