Mini - Quirks

Options
imt
imt
Community Member

One-Time Passwords:

1) Immediately after adding one-time password (2-factor) via the QR code on the website. The number shown in the mini is not the right code or current code. However, what was immediately copied to the clipboard is correct and can be pasted on the site for confirmation.

2) Also, the countdown timer isn't moving on this screen after adding.

Since you have tried to make things simpler in the new Mini I would like to couple suggestions regarding one-time passwords.

• For existing logins with a one-time password - When you click edit, the one time password field should be placed right after the password, just like the format displayed in view mode. i.e User Name, then Password, then One-Time Password.

• For existing logins without a one-time password - There should be a section and field called "Add new one-time password". (Although I think "Add new Authenticator/2-Factor Code)" is better working then one-time. Until I understood that one-time = 2-factor authenticator I didn't know where in one password to add one). This would keep consistency with the iOS app, since there is a field dedicated called "Add a new one-time password" and makes it easier to know how to add the code vs. having to go to section and then click on the options to find one-time code.

Editing Fields:

I opened the mini and then clicked edit. I then changed the website for eBay and then added a second website for the sign login page. I saved the changes. The changes showed. Then I picked the X to close the window. Immediately brought the mini back up on the screen and if that login is the FIRST one in the list the changes did not show in the mini. It was still showing the original info. But, when you clicked edit the changes were there or... you click another item in the list (i.e. second item if multiple listed) and then go back to the first item, the changes then show. This happens for any changes made and may be the same issue for the One-Time passwords not updating or timer not moving immediately after adding via edit.

Loss of Navigation after editing:

If you click edit and then cancel, or edit and make changed, or edit and delete. You are left with a static window of the current login. Under the old mini you were brought back to the list. Now, you need to go close out the window and click the mini icon again to bring upon the list. If you don't close out the static window, then clicking the mini icon brings upon the list over the item you just did edit/cancel or edit/delete.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@imt - sorry for both the trouble and the delay in our response here. If you're running the 1Password 7 for Mac betas, you should find the fix for the occasionally stale data in the mini in the latest beta release (7.3.1.BETA-6). Give that a whirl and let us know what you discover. If it still seems off to you, might want to restart your Mac and try again. If you're not running the beta but would like to, click Preferences > Updates and check the box marked "Include beta builds." And if you're not willing or able to run the betas, well, then I guess hang on until the next stable release. ;)

This discussion has been closed.