Trial Expired -- Could not add license

Options
tjrob
tjrob
Community Member

I purchased 1Password 5 on 2/5/15, and sometime since upgraded to version 6. I use it on two Macs, shared via Dropbox.

Suddenly I get "Trial expired". On the receipt email I click "click here to automatically add your license": 1Password opens and says "Could not add license" -- the "1Password Registration" window then hangs forever (force quit).

Following other forum results, I search for the license file, but neither Mac has any file matching "onepassword-license".

What happened and how can I fix it?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjrob!

Can you please open 1Password and go to the Software Licenses category, and see if you license data is there?

• tjrob
    tjrob
    Community Member
    Options

In 1Password6/License it just says "Trial expired ... add license".
    Under Software Licenses there is a 1Password 4 license (4.4.3), but no v5 or v6 license.
    I do remember handling at least one license file, but have no idea why it is not in my Dropbox/1Password folder, which is where I would put it (1Password.agilekeychain is there). I do have the receipt email from my purchase of v5, 2/5/2015, but no email about v6 (though I did upgrade). The Finder searching This Mac finds no files matching onepassword. Dropbox shows no deleted files in its 1Password folder.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tjrob

Please reach out to our licensing experts through https://support.1password.com/contact/ by selecting "I bought 1Password before accounts were available" > "I can't find my license." In your message please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104884/trial-expired-could-not-add-license#latest

Those folks will be in the best position to help you with this. Thanks!

Ben

• tjrob
    tjrob
    Community Member
    Options

On my Mac #2 the V6 license showed up in the vault under Software Licenses. That is strange as the vault is shared via Dropbox, and it did not appear on Mac #1. Its "Show in Finder" showed it in /var, where the Finder doesn't look when searching. I copied it from there to Dropbox/1Password so Mac #1 can find it when I get home (where Mac #1 is). BTW you can only do that in the 1Password app, not in the mini app in the menubar.

Mac #2 is licensed.

• Ben
    Options

Please let us know how that turns out. :)

Ben

• tjrob
    tjrob
    Community Member
    Options

On Mac #1 the 1Password 6 license key magically appeared in my vault in Software Licenses. After opening it, Mac #1 is licensed. Both of my Macs are now licensed, and all is well. I don't know what magic happened.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it worked out. :+1: If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.