I need to migrate data from Keepass

Hello. I have a KDBX File, along with a Keepass XML file.

How can I migrate everything into 1password? Please bear in mind I cannot install PERL modules

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keepass

Comments

• MeekMeek

Team Member

Hey @MarcoPirazzoli, another option for getting your data imported into 1Password that does not require running the Perl conversion scripts would be to export your data as a CSV file, and then modify the file to conform to the format 1Password is looking for:
    https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

I wish there was a better way, however right now I'm sorry to say those are the only options. Give that a try and let me know how it works out!

• edited August 27

Hi Marco, the migration process through CSF file is quiet cumbersome as you need to get keepass export file matching the required CSV format supported by 1Password.
    Hopefully there is an other way based on a perl script but it worked perfectly for me and allowed me to import almost 800 entries.
    The steps are explained in the forum post MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility (mrc-converter-suite) .
    I hope this helps.

MrC's Edit: please use this link instead.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

MrC's tools can be incredibly helpful in smoothing the import process. Otherwise, as you say, massaging the export into something 1Password can understand may be a bit of a task.

Ben

• MrCMrC Community Moderator

@MarcoPirazzoli

Do you mind if I ask - what is the limitation with using the conversion scripts?

Just in case this helps... you do not need to install the Strawberry Perl software using the installer - you may use the Portable Version (a while back, I stopped recommending it, since instructions were more complex to write, and helping the occasional users who inadvertently installed the Installer-based version required some extra guidance).

The modules required do not install in your Window's system hierarchy. Rather, they are simply built and placed into the Strawberry Perl folder hierarchy (which you can quickly and cleaning remove simply by tossing the folder into the trash).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file