Personal, Principal, iCloud, Desktop, mobile: What a mess!!! Please Help!!!

Options
segushi
segushi
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Mac

Hi,

Here is my NEED:

• 1 x Vault. ONLY ONE !
  • Available on all my devices (desktop + Mobile)
  • With a security backup of that Vault on iCloud

What I did:

• Bought a 1Password Licence
  • Opened and setup the same Desktop and mobile account (account name and secret key is identical on both devices)

What I have:

• 2,5 times more entries on my mobile app
  • a lot of identical entries appears 2, sometimes 3 times on the mobile App
  • a Vault named "Personal"
  • a Vault named "[My account name]"
  • a Vault named "Principal"

a total mess.

Result:
Freaky uncomfortable customer experience.
I NEVER created anything more than 1 vault. I do not understand why the mobile App is so messy with 3 Vault.

REQUEST:
How to clean that mess and come back to one-Vault-only-available-on-all-devices-and-with a backup on iCloud ?

thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Personal, Principal, iCloud, Desktop, mobile: What a mess!!! Please Help!!!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @segushi

I'm sorry to hear you've gotten into such a state. I'd be happy to help here.

If you have a Secret Key that means you've signed up for a 1Password membership. With membership iCloud is uninvolved. 1Password.com does everything iCloud would've, in addition to making a number of other things feasible, including automatic off-site backups. You can read more about membership here:

About 1Password membership

Before we go much further could you please let me know if you'd like to continue with the membership you created and stop using iCloud for 1Password, or if you'd like to revert to a standalone setup with iCloud? We would recommend moving forward with membership, as that is the way of the future.

Either way we'll get it sorted out.

Ben

• segushi
    segushi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your answer. I would like to go on with membership off course !

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019
    Options

@segushi

Okay, great. So we can customize a plan for moving forward for you I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104907/personal-principal-icloud-desktop-mobile-what-a-mess-please-help#latest
    • Your forum username: segushi

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: PWA-29537-941

• segushi
    segushi
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi Ben,

here is the Support Id Number in response to my email with all the requested diagnostics: [#PWA-29537-941]

regards,

Frederic

ref: PWA-29537-941

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @segushi! We have received your message and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

This discussion has been closed.