Differnet password in clipboard on Windows and iOs

Options
rrny
rrny
Community Member

Hi,

One of our clients has been complaining that he generated a password on his laptop in the Desktop version and then wanted to use it on his iOS device. While trying to login, his password was shown as it has been entered wrong.

Do you guys have idea why this could be?

Can somebody give me an indication on the special characters that are maybe used in the pw generation by 1password and may not be supported in our login mask?

Best
R

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rrny

It sounds like the client may be having difficulties with sync if the data appears differently on one device than the other. How are they syncing their data? Are they using a 1Password membership?

The symbol set we include in the generator is ! @ . - _ *

Ben

• rrny
    rrny
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply.

In my generator, I have had much more signs than that, e.g. $, ^, > &, {, and #.

Can you provide me with a correct list?

• Ben
    Options

@rrny

What version of 1Password are you using? ! @ . - _ * is the set included in 1Password v7.3 for Mac (released May 28th) which I suspect we'll be rolling out across the board in the near future. Older versions may include different/broader symbol sets.

Ben

• rrny
    rrny
    Community Member
    Options

7.3.684 on Windows
    7.3.2 on iPhone

Windows also generates %.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. I don't have a comprehensive list off-hand for those versions; sorry. What I can say is that what I mentioned above is the direction we're heading.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.