iOS 1Password showing two logins for app/safari websites with different passwords

wvbaldy
wvbaldy
Community Member

Problem on iPad, doesn't happen on iPhone. For several apps and on for some sites on Safari, when I click on Login for the app or website, I see a message at the bottom of the page "for xxx or xxx.com - 1password" and my username. If click on the message and the password is filled, sometimes I get an error message that it is the wrong password. When I click the black "key", I see duplicate logins for the site. Also, if I click on the Key, bypass all the logins and click on "1Password", it displays the duplicate logins, but I can't find them when exit the window and search 1Password. On a site where I was able to view the incorrect password, I was able to search 1 Password and discovered that it was a previous, not current, two year old password for the app/website.
In my settings, the "Autofill Password" is set to 1Password and my iCloud Keychain is off.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iOS 1Password showing two logins for app/safari with different passwords

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wvbaldy! Welcome to the forum!

it displays the duplicate logins, but I can't find them when exit the window and search 1Password

Is it possible that these logins are in a different vault in your 1Password app?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

For several apps and on for some sites on Safari, when I click on Login for the app or website, I see a message at the bottom of the page "for xxx or xxx.com - 1password" and my username. If click on the message and the password is filled, sometimes I get an error message that it is the wrong password. When I click the black "key", I see duplicate logins for the site. Also, if I click on the Key, bypass all the logins and click on "1Password", it displays the duplicate logins, but I can't find them when exit the window and search 1Password.

Me too!

I also sometimes get passwords from 1Password on iOS with wrong login credentials and when I search for them I can't find them in my fault. I only use 1 vault and can not imagine where these logins come from. To login successfully I have to open the 1Password app manually and copy the credentials from the app into the password fields of the website / app. Then it works.

I don't know how I can force this behavior. It just happens when I don't think about it.

• wvbaldy
    wvbaldy
    Community Member

I have two vaults, but 1Password is set to “Always Open To” a specific vault.

• @wvbaldy

That setting doesn't have any impact on the autofill feature in iOS.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019

@DenalB

Is there an indication within the autofill UI that these items are coming from 1Password? If so you may need to refresh the autofill cache. Please try opening 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill and wait a moment for the "AutoFill Passwords Updating" banner at the top to disappear.

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@Ben

Is there an indication within the autofill UI that these items are coming from 1Password?

That's a good question. If it happens again I will look and try to find out.

If so you may need to refresh the autofill cache. Please try opening 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill and wait a moment for the "AutoFill Passwords Updating" banner at the top to disappear.

Good to know. Updated the cache. Let's see if it helps. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @DenalB! Let us know how it goes :)

This discussion has been closed.