1Password Locks Itself Back

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited June 2019 in iOS

Hello All,

This is more in the nature of a bug report affecting 1Password 7.3.2 on iOS 12.3.1 — and, actually every version of 1Password on iOS for at least a good 18 months. It is slight, but irritating, and I am hoping we might be able to sort it out.

Here are steps to reproduce:

1. Restart your device to ensure 1Password is properly quit and locked.
  2. Open 1Password normally by tapping on the icon.
  3. Enter your Master Password and confirm.
  4. Keep your hands well away from the keyboard and wait.

Instead of remaining unlocked for the time period set in its Settings, 1Password will automatically re-lock after a couple of seconds, as if the password had never been entered. Furthermore, it will still be necessary to type in the Master Password to unlock it again, as opposed to using Touch ID or Face ID.

This bug only crops up immediately after the first unlock: at any other time, 1Password will happily remain unlocked for the time period set in Settings and, when it locks up automatically, will allow Touch ID or Face ID to unlock.

The only way around it seems to be to keep 1Password busy for a few seconds after the initial unlock. (I play the piano on the tab bar and switch aimlessly from view to view for a short while, which is admittedly an easy workaround.) Once the magic few seconds have elapsed, 1Password behaves normally, almost as if one had to “give it time” to read its time settings and to store the Master Password in Keychain.

Is there any chance of escalating this to the iOS team so that it can be ironed out? It happens for me on multiple iOS devices, all fairly recent iPhones and iPads, so there is no question of one device being woefully underpowered, nor are there any other issues with the network of 1Password itself.

— FJ

Comments

• Interesting! Thanks for the report @Deleted User. I don't recall ever seeing this before, probably because if I launch 1Password it is usually because I intend to immediately do something within it. I'll file an issue with the team.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

As always, thank you, @Ben. :)

• You are most welcome. :)

Ben

ref: apple-3918

This discussion has been closed.