Adding a TOTP - QR scan "from my screen" not working

Options
Hatclub
Hatclub
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

For quite a while now (I'm sure this used to work...), scanning a qr code from screen simply does nothing on most (all?) of my systems.

The 1password window hides itself as if it's about to scan, then comes back with nothing, even if 1password is on the same screen as the QR code I want to scan.

My screen area on my work desktop is probably unusually dimensioned - 3x2 1080p screens - but I'm fairly sure my QHD laptop has the same problems. Is there perhaps a bug with larger resolutions?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Win 10 x64 Pro 1809 (10.0.17763)
Sync Type: 1p4t
Referrer: forum-search:qr scan not working

Comments

• This is a known issue that was introduced somewhat recently, @Hatclub. In short, the QR scanner sometimes is unable to find the edge of the QR code and thus fails to scan properly. We're working on a solution, but we're currently in a position where as much as I miss this feature (I have to sign in and out of accounts all the time for testing purposes and this made my life so much easier), it's not likely to be fixed up right away. We just have a number of issues that need to be a higher priority right now. With that said, I've found using Win + Shift + S to take a screenshot, then selecting scan from clipboard instead is just about as speedy and simply as scan from screen. The keyboard shortcut automatically copies the screenshot to your clipboard so it's only a small extra step. And, of course, we'll definitely bring the magic back as soon as we're able. :+1:

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

Win+Shift+S : TIL

I shall look forward to it's return, thanks for your reply :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hatclub,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :+1: We are looking forward to future updates (and fixes) ourselves. :)

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.