Installing update to 7.3.1 yields 'Validation failed'

Options
ajlevine
ajlevine
Community Member

Installing the update to 7.3.1 yields 'Validation failed: The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -67688.)'
This is happening on both machine's I've tried it on. Trying again doesn't succeed.

As a result, my Safari browser button is gone and 1Password can't interact with Safari (I have to use copy and paste). I've rebooted and tried again, to no avail.

The version running is 7.3.1 if I go to the about menu, so it looks like the main app install worked, but not whatever connects to Safari.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: none, appears to have been removed by update
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password Family Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Installing update to 7.3.1 yields 'Validation failed'

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajlevine - I'm sorry for the trouble! You didn't say whether you're using our version or the Mac App Store version (though it sounds like the former). Please Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete the 1Password app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash, then restart your Mac. And don't worry: your data is in your Mac's library folder, so it's unaffected by uninstalling the app. When your Mac restarts, visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the current version's installer and run it. Let us know how that works for you. :)

• ajlevine
    ajlevine
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Lars, that appears to have fixed the issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajlevine - excellent! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.