Initial Set Up - Use a Different Account on X than the Mac App.

Hi all,

I have convinced most of my family, and now my partner to start using 1 Password. Only problem is my partner uses Android only, Whilst she can add and amend passwords using this, it isn't as flowing as the IOS, Browser or OS applications.

I have a Macbook with 1 Password X on and 1 Password for Mac, Both currently with my own account. I think the best and simpliest way is if I delete and reinstall 1 Password X on my mac, set it up with her account (As it is entirely independent from the Mac App) Then set up all her passwords and get them changed using the 1 Password X extension.

Then simply delete the app X extension again, and reinstall with my own set up, Boom she then has everything on her phone as needed, and my computer is back to mine with my account completely uninteruppted?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Zaka_7! That's so awesome you got your partner on board with us. :)

I think we can make this even easier on you, honestly. You didn't mention what browser you're using, but both Chrome and Firefox allow you to have separate profiles. What you can do is create a new profile, install 1Password X, and sign into her account there. You'll go the same route for saving her Logins, but that way you don't have to mess with your 1Password X setup at all. After you're done, you can just delete the extra profile you made for an easy cleanup.

I hope this helps a bit, but I'll be here if you have any follow up questions!

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn

Would my suggestion work with deleting and re installing the app?

Only issue with what you suggest is I don’t actually have my google profile signed in on my browser (Google track way too much) and my partner doesn’t have a google account either. So that approach wouldn’t work would it?

Zac

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Zaka_7 – You don't need to sign into a Google account to create a new profile. I have quite a few different profiles that I use for testing each of our extensions, and I don't have my Google account signed into any of them since it's not really necessary for my use case. But yeah, you're also able to sign out of your account and sign into hers on your Chrome profile. You don't necessarily have to delete 1Password X and reinstall it.

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

Thank you @kaitlyn

You’re a star!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Zaka_7 – Absolutely! If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to reach out. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.