To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Old Account help!

ChrisLoeffler
ChrisLoeffler
Community Member

Hi! I am wanting to upgrade to a subscription version from the standalone version purchsed back in 2017. I am trying to create/login at 1password.com at:
chris-loeffler@ [redacted]

...but it says that account already exists. And it won't let me reset the password or otherwise advance. Should I delete the account? Help!

• Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ChrisLoeffler! If you're getting a message that an account with that email address already exists, that's because, well, it does. :) That means you or someone else with access to your email account must have created a 1Password account at some point since December 2015. It may have been long enough ago that you don't remember having done so? At any rate, if you've no data in the account and don't even remember creating it, it's easy to fix:

1. You can use a different email address to set up a new account, which will avoid this problem altogether, or, if you want to use this email address again,
    2. You can write to us at support@1password.com and let us know you'd like to delete your previous, unused account. We'll do some quick verification, then send you out a deletion email with a special link that will allow you to delete the account and create a new one, using the same email address as before.
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChrisLoeffler - one thing I forgot to mention is to make sure you're not being billed for any old account. There's two ways to pay for a 1password.com membership subscription: directly through us, or via Apple Subscription. You should know about the former because you'd have gotten email notifications from us when charges occurred. But you can check Apple Subscriptions at this link, just to make sure. Let us know if you need any assistance.

This discussion has been closed.