Trying to set up 1password family on my wife's iPhone xr

jvsquire
jvsquire
Community Member

I am trying to set up my wife as a family member on her iPhone xr. I get to the part when I should receive the secret code and emergency kit.
I am the told that this can't be done on iOS. try on your mac. When I try on the mac it asks me for the secret code. Which of course I don't have.
Tried to start recovery to see if she could get a new set but it still requests secret code. Which I don't have. I am sure its me being thick but can you please help

Thanks

Mick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't get secret code on iPHONE XR

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @jvsquire.

I'm not a 1Pass team member, but I believe that when you invite your wife to your Family account, you have to enter her email address so she can receive her Setup Code and create her own Master Password. Check out this video as it explains it really well.

Hope it helps! :chuffed:

• jvsquire
    jvsquire
    Community Member

Thanks yes I have done that but it won't let me have a new secret code.

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

The Setup Code should be in the email you entered when you invited her to your family. Did she receive any email from 1Password?

• jvsquire
    jvsquire
    Community Member

Thanks yes I have done that but it won't let me have a new secret code.

• jvsquire
    jvsquire
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply I have cracked it. It just would not give me the emergency pack on the iPhone and on my mac it would not except she didn't have an account. I think it was because my mac was already lined to my account.
    Fortunately I have an old windows laptop so I signed her in on that and hey presto it worked.

Thanks again for concern

Mick

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jvsquire - yep, that was what I was going to be telling you here, except you appear to have figured it out yourself. The Emergency Kit is in PDF format, and you need to be on a desktop to effectively do it. The Secret Key is pre-printed on your Emergency Kit, which is why you didn't have it. And yes, if you're already signed in with your own account, you'd need a second computer -- or the same computer, but with her signed into her own user account and not you signed into yours. Anyway, glad you got it sorted! Let us know if you need anything else. :)

• jvsquire
    jvsquire
    Community Member

Thanks Lars love 1Password

Mick

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jvsquire - thank YOU for the kind words about 1Password -- glad you like it! :)

This discussion has been closed.