Helper needs restarting frequently

Every single time I restart Firefox my 1Password add-on has a red exclamation point on it which means there's a problem with 1Password.

After following directions, I found out all I have to do is follow step #2 which is this:

If the problem persists, it is possible the 1Password Helper did not properly update itself. Launch the 1Password program, choose Help > Restart 1Password Helper, wait 10 seconds, and then relaunch Safari.

No big deal, right? Well, yes, it is a big deal because I have to do it every single time to keep 1Password working. Is there a permanent fix to this?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Welcome to the forums, David. Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. You should not have to do that regularly at all.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? Select **Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File** from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to your reply.

Please include a link to this thread so we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

Once we see your report we should be able to help more. Thanks in advance!
  • Thanks. Diagnostics report sent
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! It looks like Brandt replied to you already. We'll continue to work with you via email until it is resolved.
  • Seems like it might be fixed with just updating my 1Password program...but I will let you know if I have the problem again. Thank you for the quick help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Awesome! Thanks for following up here to let me know that everything is working well. Please do let us know if you have any further trouble. We are always here to help. :)
This discussion has been closed.