Saving an edit causes category selection to reset?

Options

Not sure if this would be classified as a bug, working as intended, or other, but I'm curious -

Clicking edit on a record, and then save causes the selected category to reset to "Logins".

(It also updates the modified date of the record even if nothing is changed, which doesn't seem right)

Expected (by me :) behaviour - clicking save leaves the category selection unchanged.

Use case:
After using 1Password for a few years I was feeling virtuous and decided to tidy up. Watchtower has flagged some credentials as weak, and some as reused. Working through them and correcting this is reasonably simple, but frustratingly every time I click save after updating a record, I have to re-select "weak passwords" or "reused passwords" rather than it just maintaining the existing selection.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi @PuzzleTime,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Both points are correct: this is not a correct behaviour and we are aware of those issues. We have plans to fix them, but I do not have any timeframes for you at this time.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help. :) Thank you!

++
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#3389
    ref: opw/opw#4012

• PuzzleTime
    PuzzleTime
    Community Member
    Options

Ah cool. That's good news. I looked in "Known Issues for 1Password 7 for Windows" and didn't see it, and it was kind of a strange issue to search for. I'll await some future release notes.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PuzzleTime: We have a lot of catching up to do and it takes time. :)

We are always ready to help, so don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.