Chrome extension not utilizing fingerprint on MacBookPro

Options

I am running 1Password 7.3.1 on my Macbook Pro with a fingerprint. Chrome says that I have 1 Password X exention installed. Now each time I want to have a password filled, it makes me press a keyboard shortcut and then enter my master password. If I use Safari it allows me to use the finger print. I checked my settings everything looks good in Chrome, but there is not a setting to use fingerprint.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fingerprint

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @matthewjhawkins!

Is it possible that you are using 1Password X in Chrome, and the regular 1Password extension in Safari?

• Hey @matthewjhawkins :smile:

1Password X is its own little app that doesn't communicate with 1Password for Mac, so it unlocks separately from the desktop 1Password app and also doesn't have the ability to utilize Touch ID. That said, we are currently beta testing Desktop App Integration, which allows the two apps to "talk" to one another, including unlocking the other when one is unlocked, and this means effectively that you can unlock 1Password X with Touch ID.

If you'd like to give this a go, you'll need to enroll in the beta release of both 1Password X and 1Password for Mac. You can find out more here.

This discussion has been closed.