I migrated iPassword 6 and opvault from Apple desktop to new MacBook Air. Cannot open app

Options
Elleson
Elleson
Community Member

When I open 1Password 6 on the laptop I get a window wanting me to subscribe to 1Password 7. 1Password 6 preferences are greyed out. Everything continues to work great on my desktop

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 6 migration

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Elleson: It sounds like you may just need to unlock 1Password there. Or you may have 1Password 7 installed there already, without a license or membership, and so it's letting you know that. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• Elleson
    Elleson
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have 1Password 7 installed. Attached is a screenshot after opening 1 Password 6.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Elleson - thanks for the screenshot and additional information. To be clear "subscribe to 1Password 7" isn't a thing: you can subscribe to a 1password.com membership...but it doesn't matter whether you're using 1Password 6 for Mac or 1Password 7 for Mac to do so. I can't tell for certain, but it looks as if you need to just point 1Password 6 for Mac at your current standalone data file. How do you presently sync your data? iCloud? Dropbox? Something else? If you've previously used 1Password, you should be able to click either "Sync using iCloud" or "Sync using Dropbox" from that window, and get to your data. Let us know how that works for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.