1Password 7 Trial - Duplicated Passwords

Options
Stewart McGill
Stewart McGill
Community Member

I've been a 1Password customer for many years -- since 1Password 4. Today, I decided to tryout 1Password 7 and see what the benefits were over my current stand alone version - 1Password 6. Initially, everything seemed to work fine with the upgrade process, but that quickly degraded into a real mess as I now have a duplicate password for every entry! I follow the instructions regarding deleting the old Primary vault, but that has not corrected the issue. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Stewart

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded to 7 duplicates

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Stewart McGill

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Do these items all appear to be in the same vault? If so the Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items menu item may help here. Please note that this option is not available in the 'All Vaults' view — you'd have to switch to the vault the items are in first.

Please let me know if that helps.

Ben

• Stewart McGill
    Stewart McGill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben:

Thanks for the quick message Ben. In response to your question, no, they are not from the same vault. They stem from two vaults (Primary and Personal) associated with the migration from what I can tell. While they look almost identical, many have slightly different history entries. For example, in some duplicate entries the entry from the Primary vault will have the actual "Last Modified", but the Personal entry for the same item will show the last modified as today when the migration was done. And, in other cases the Primary and Personal vault entries are identical from the brief surveillance I'd done.

Stewart

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stewart McGill,

They stem from two vaults (Primary and Personal) associated with the migration from what I can tell.

After migrating to 1Password.com, we recommend removing the old Primary vault to avoid duplicates, if you chose "copy" during migration rather than "move".

Is there anything inside the Primary vault that is not inside the 1Password.com vault at the moment?

This discussion has been closed.