Installing 1Password extension for Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Problems with 1Password Safari Extension.

Comments

• rmichaelsm
    rmichaelsm
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I installed the beta for Catalina. Trying to add the browser extension for 1Password6 and it redirects me to "https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id= .... i assume my id so removed .... " but when i get there (apple website for extensions) it doesn't have anything to click. I get in an endless loop. I can't find the extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi @rmichaelsm! Welcome to the forum!

I have split your comment in its own discussion, since it seems to be a different issue from the one in the original thread ;)

What 1Password version are you currently running? I ask because, in 1Password 7, the extension is bundled with the app, so you don't need to install the extension manually. The link you used is the one for 1Password 6 installs.

Also, the ID in the URL is the extension's ID ( com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C ), so nothing to worry about ;)

• rmichaelsm
    rmichaelsm
    Community Member
    Options

1Password6 ok, yes that is the extension id i have in the link. I also see the folder in my MacBook files when i search for 2BUA8C4S2C under libraries - group containers... I just can't find a download to reinstall the extension when i click on the link

• rmichaelsm
    rmichaelsm
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I am looking into possibly buying the family subscription as we have iPads, Windows 10 pcs, MacBook Pro, and each of us have iPhones. I bought 1Password6 for my MacBook Pro, think it may be 1Password 4 or something like it for Windows 7 (now 10) and i know i did the in-app purchase on my 1password on iPhone. Looking at the options. I had bought the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle at the time and the in-app pro features on one iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rmichaelsm: Installing an extension in Safari won't work in Catalina, as Apple is moving to Safari App Extensions -- which are built into Mac apps themselves -- instead with Safari 13. You'll need 1Password 7 to work with that.

If you're upgrading from and older version of 1Password, I'd definitely recommend a 1Password membership, as it includes everything: all the apps, updates, and built-in sync and offsite backup for your encrypted 1Password data. 1Password Families includes all that for up to 5 family members at the base price. It also allows you to easily share vaults securely and help family members recover their accounts if they get locked out — along with many other benefits. If you'll shoot me an email at support@1password.com I'll be happy to help you make the transition. :)

This discussion has been closed.