Printed usage reports don't display full details

leedxw
leedxw
Community Member

I've printed a user report (via macOS Safari), on an A4 printer

• Last Used column cuts off without showing the full date (As in "2019-07-0...")
  • Names of items, vaults and item types are similarly truncated
  • Item types and last used dates are in grey, which is less useful in a printed report than on screen.

The styles used for print request should better reflect the use and properties of printed documents.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @leedxw! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll admit, we do very little printing around here, in the age of PDF and other electronic documents. But I fired up the old inkjet and you're quite right. I don't have A4 specifically, but it was doing the same thing on US Letter paper as well -- date not fully printed, and color in a gray that's lighter than would be optimally useful (especially for those of us with older eyes in dimmer light - ahem ;) ). I'll file an internal issue here to see if we can perhaps refine this for the future. In the meantime, do you have an option to print out using landscape instead of portrait format? If so, does this change things any in your setup?

• leedxw
    leedxw
    Community Member

It will show more of the date in landscape A4, but will still show the time as being cut-off in many instances.

• Thanks for the feedback on this @leedxw. We'll continue to look for ways in which we can improve these reports.

Ben

• leedxw
    leedxw
    Community Member

One suggestion for the reports would to make it clear if passwords in vaults have been changed since the last time a user accessed them. Currently the main use I have for the report is prioritising shared password rotation when a team member is removed.

• That makes a lot of sense, @leedxw. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts on this.

Ben

• michellethibeault
    michellethibeault
    Community Member

Hey guys!
    I think I have an issue that is related to this that I was hoping could be included with this fix/enhancement. We have several clients for whom we've created vaults to store administrative credentials for their systems. As our commitment to security, we will send clients a monthly usage report of their vault access. The Last Used column is only wide enough to show the date, but a key piece of information for our clients' auditors is the time. Is it possible to have this field re-sizable? This would be great in both the web app as well as when we save as / Print as PDF to email out.
    Thanks!
    Michelle

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michellethibeault, welcome to the forum!

Our development team are aware of that particular issue, and hope to fix it up in a future version of our web interface. In the meantime, the time details are actually included in the field, they're just visually truncated behind an ellipsis (...) symbol. In the web interface at least, you may be able to triple-click on any given date shown to have the full text including time selected - you can then copy and paste that text elsewhere to see the full value.

I've added a record to this support thread on the internal conversation our dev team is having on the matter; if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.