Two 1Password apps now

Options
jeffdaniels99
jeffdaniels99
Community Member

I don't know what happened but now I have TWO 1Password apps on my iMac (1Password.app and 1Password 7.app) and I was perfectly happy with the original version. Now when I click the new app it opens a wider window and is confusing. Why the need to add a second app? I don't like clutter and now it seems I have to reinstall new extensions for the browsers again. Help with this mess!

Thank you.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301007) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 1Password Version 6.8.9 (689000) Mac App Store
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeffdaniels99 - it sounds as if you or someone with access to your Mac downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store. Did you recently set up a new Mac (or re-install things)? If so, and if you simply searched "1Password" in the Mac App Store, you would've reached the 1Password 7 for Mac download, as that's the only version available in the "front page" of the Mac App Store (since it's the current version of 1Password for Mac). You can still download older versions if you'd previously downloaded them when they were the current version, but only by clicking on the Purchase History for your account, and installing from there.

However, if you've got both versions, then you'll need to choose one or the other. Our recommendation as a security company is always going to be to keep your critical security software up to date, and that includes your version of macOS, your browser(s) and 1Password. To remove (uninstall) either version, however, do this:

1. Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    2. Quit Safari if it is running
    3. Open Activity Monitor (in your Utilities folder, inside your Applications folder), and type 1pass into the search bar to see if any remaining 1Password processes are still running. If you find any, use Activity Monitor to close them by clicking the X icon at the top left of the window.
    4. Delete whichever version of 1Password you do not want. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's trash.
This discussion has been closed.