Suggestions box? Prefer list of Favorites

Options
wreathall
wreathall
Community Member

Can I get the suggestions box to default to the favorites list for the extension for Chrome? This would match my workflow better than a suggestion that is not often what I want. Tried preferences but don't see an option to change there.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @wreathall.

I'm not a 1Pass team member, but my understanding is that 1Pass is going to check the URL you have saved, and if there are multiple items available, it's going to show you your Favorites at the top. I haven't seen 1Pass extension not suggesting me the correct item for any particular website... It may help the team to provide you with a better solution if you could share if there is a particular scenario in which 1Pass is not suggesting you the correct items?

Have a great Friday! :blush:

• wreathall
    wreathall
    Community Member
    Options

It's not a question of "correctness" but of preference. For example, I go to a website and log in using "autofill". Then I may buy something and want to put in my credit card data from 1Password, but instead of having a favorites list or a list of types, I have a suggestion bar for the website I have already logged into. For example, as I write this message and I go to 1 Password extension, at the top is the login suggestion for 1Password support forum (I'm already on it), then a list of contact names, none of which are relevant to my current task. It was so much easier when the left-hand list was "types" (logins, secure notes, credit cards, etc.) but now I have to go to the suggestions dropdown box and select favorites or credit cards, etc. Just an extra step when before it was simpler and more efficient.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wreathall

Can I get the suggestions box to default to the favorites list for the extension for Chrome?

Try clicking Preferences > Mini (in 7.3.1; update to this version if you don't have it yet), and setting the drop-down to "Favorites" instead of "Suggestions."

This discussion has been closed.