Chrome asking to add 1P extension but it's already there

Been using just Safari and 1P on my MAC. Just added the !P extension on Chrome. But don't understand fully why something is happening. If I click on the 1P icon on the right of my Chrome browser it works fine. But if I click the 1P icon on my MAC toolbar it tells me to install the 1P Chrome extension -- but it is already installed. Confused! See attached screen shot.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: OS 10.14.5
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• Hey, @BenBob.

I'm not a 1Pass team member, but it's probably because you installed 1Password X (learn more about it), which is an extension that does not require the native app and thus, doesn't interact with it. In this case, you want the Browser Extension for the Mac App, which you can download from this page.

If you want to know what are the differences between the two, check out this useful thread.

I hope that helps! :)

• Thanks arturoaubry, I'll look into that.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@BenBob - arturoaubry is correct -- if you look in your screenshot at your Mac's menubar, the presence of the 1Password mini icon there means you have 1Password for Mac installed. But if you look in Chrome, the presence of a color 1Password icon (instead of black & white) means you definitely have 1Password X installed. We're moving toward Desktop App Integration in the future - and in fact, it is already here in the beta versions), so that's something to keep in mind/look forward to. But for now, if you want the full integration between browser extension and local 1Password for Mac app, install the regular ("desktop app required") extension. :)

• Thanks Lars. Not sure I fully understand but I haven't had time to read up. Been busy but I'll eventually get around to it!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

No worries. We're here any time if you need us. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file