Microsoft edge insiders mac os (chromium version)

weareartisans
weareartisans
Community Member

I love 1passwordX in chrome, especially in the beta I love how it can be unlocked with touch id but the bad thing is that it is only in chrome ... I was wondering if it is possible to enable that functionality in the new version of edge for mac os and Although I know it is still beta, is there any way to enable that function?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @weareartisans! Welcome to the forum!

We currently offer 1Password X for Chrome and Firefox. It would be great to bring this to other browsers, but we have no announcement to share just yet.

If you want to unlock your 1Password data with Touch ID on different browsers, you might want to use the regular browser extension there, rather than 1Password X.

• rafaelcosta
    rafaelcosta
    Community Member

Hello, @ag_ana !

The thing is, even the regular extension does not work on the 1Password app on Edge for Mac. Since Edge for Mac is basically Chrome, the 1Password X extension works just as advertised, with the exception of Touch ID. To bring that functionality, you guys would have to add Edge's signature to 1Password (which would probably make both extensions work). Do you guys have any plan on doing it? Again, Edge for Mac is Chrome, re-skinned and re-signed, so it's a rather straightforward process.

Best,

Rafael

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rafaelcosta! Welcome to the forum! :)

We don't have plans to announce yet, but thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about this!

This discussion has been closed.