Cannot create new passwords

stevejobs
stevejobs
Community Member

I cannot create new passwords! All menu items are greyed out like the attached screenshot.

I've been using 1Password for maybe more than 5 years but never experienced anything like this. First, 1Password7 failed to migrate data from the previous version, i.e. 1Password6. 1Password7 doesn't recognize the *.agilekeychain file format. I had to manually copy the backup data file, which is located deep under ~/Library/Containers to ~/Desktop then import it back to 1Password7. 1Password7 startup screen comes with many fancy options but lacking the most important one! It's hard to believe that 1Password6 and 7 are made by the same company.

Even after so much hassle to get 1Password7 to migrate existing data, now I'm stuck with it not allowing me to create new passwords!

Here are the details:

Previous version
1Password
Version 6.8.9 (689000)
Mac App Store

Current version
1Password 7
Version 7.3.1 (70301007)
Mac App Store

I can provide evidence of being charged monthly upon request.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5 (18F203)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• stevejobs
    stevejobs
    Community Member

Also it's very annoying that 1Password7 keeps asking me to subscribe again and again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevejobs! Welcome to the forum!

I see that you have also sent us an email with the same questions already, so in order to avoid duplicating support effort, we are going to get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

This discussion has been closed.