To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Family Member can't log-in.

Options
jwsleser
jwsleser
Community Member

I just upgraded from an individual to family membership on Mac. Invited my other to join and went through set-up procedure. She can sign-in to 1password.com but can't sign into the app. We did several recoveries to attempt to resolve problem. Didn't resolve issue. While in 1password.com and check the 1Password account information in her private vault, it lists a different master password and secret key from the one she used to successfully log-in to 1Password.com. The different master password and secret key also will not open the app. I am thinking I need to delete her account from the system and start over as I believe the multiple recovery attempts has messed everything up. How can I do that or is there a better solution?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jwsleser! Welcome to the forum!

She can sign-in to 1password.com but can't sign into the app.

What happens when she tries to sign into the app?

We did several recoveries to attempt to resolve problem.

Recoveries won't solve this, because if she is able to login to her account already, it means that there is nothing wrong with the account.

I wonder if the app on your wife's computer has old account data in it. Has she used 1Password on this device previously perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.