1Password Is Suddenly Not Intuitive

Options
JustJoan
JustJoan
Community Member

Hi. I am used to 1Password, when a site is open, moving automatically to the proper password to allow to log in. Today for some reason it opens to the first entry in my list, Acorn. And it continues to do so for any subsequent site I access. I don't like this. I want my bank's entry to open when I want. to log in to my bank. I want my YouTube login information to pop up when I enter YouTube. What is going on? Help, please.

1Password Version: 7.3.2 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JustJoan!

Can you please share the steps that you are following to make this happen so I can test them here?

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks so much for replying to my cri de coeur. I was accessing a website, clicking on 1Password and then filling in my username and password. Simple. But suddenly I was shown only the first in my list of passwords -- in this case Acorn, as in www.acorn.com -- and needed to hunt for my desired password.
    I think I solved the issue by a combination or steps, or perhaps dumb luck. First I did a clean reboot and then, since the recent beta update had the option I was able to go to the mini in Preferences and use Command+Suggestions. Either or both seemed to work. Now. my only complaint is that I am constantly asked for my master password when in th past I have been used to entering it on startup and then only occasionally. But I'm happy just to have this issue solved. If you have another suggestion, please I am all ears.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JustJoan,

Could you please verify that you're using the "1Password (desktop app required)" extension in your web browser, and not "1Password X"? If that is the case I'd suggest reviewing your security settings in 1Password > Preferences > Security to be sure the auto-lock settings match your preferences.

Ben

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi Ben. No, I'm not using Password X. The Safari Preferences do not show an option fr auto-lock, just the usual two: fraudulent sites and web content.
    Thanks anyway.
    Joan

• Ben
    Options

@JustJoan

It looks like you may have accidentally re-posted the same message. Could you please review my response above?

Ben

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I did respond to your comment. It's right above your last.

• Ben
    Options

Sorry about that @JustJoan. Very strange. When I wrote the post just above both of your comments were showing the same content. It looks like you may have edited your message after posting? In any event... The preferences I'm talking about are in 1Password, not Safari. You'd need to open the 1Password application and then navigate to 1Password > Preferences > Security.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, that makes a big difference. I have set it for 1 hour, and I'm sure it will be fine going forward. Thanks so much.
    Joan

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.