Can't import from splash ID

I just purchased 1password for windows and cannot import my vID file from splash ID. There is supposed to be an "import assistant" when you click on file, then import. This "assistant" is supposed to then provide step by step instructions. However, when I click on file, import it just takes me to a window to import the file, but my splash vID file is not visible, even though it is in fact there because when I tried to cut and paste a new file it told me it was already there.

Any assistance is appreciated. FYI I emailed the help department yesterday evening and, so far, have not received a response.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Mike! We normally reply to all support inquiries within 24 hours. I'm sorry we have not yet been able to reply to your email sooner, but I am happy to answer you here and now. The best thing to do is sit tight once you have contacted us since each new email and forum post only adds to the support volume and if everyone posted 3 times for the same issue it would greatly increase the time of our replies to everyone. :)

I'm not sure that 1Password for Windows can import from SplashID. It sounds like you were reading the Mac instructions. If you have access to a Mac the importer has been really improved not to long ago, so that will give you the best import. You can use the free trial of 1Password for Mac and then move the 1Password data file over to Windows.

We hope to improve the import capabilities in 1Password for Windows, but I don't have a time frame for a specific release. For now, the Windows version can only import Login items and only imports standard CSV, RoboForm passcards, and our own 1PIF files.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!
  • I don't have access to a MAC, I only have PC's. Without the ability to import the splash file, this program is useless for me. If you could refund what I paid for the app and the windows version I would appreciate it.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Apologies for the inconvenience. We do offer a free 30-day trial which is a great opportunity to get data imported and otherwise kick the tires. I'm sorry to hear you made the purchase without taking advantage of the free trial first.

That said, it appears that Ben has already issued you a refund as a result of your duplicate request via email. The funds should appear in your account within a few business days.

If we can ever be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.